IndicatorsHIV Incidence Knowledge of HIV Status Diagnoses Linkage to HIV medical care HIV viral suppression PrEP coverage
Target Values for the EHE Indicators
For incidence and diagnoses, the stated EHE 2030 goal is a 90% reduction from baseline year (2017) and the stated 2025 target is a 75% reduction; the 2030 and 2025 targets for both incidence and diagnoses were calculated as follows:
- 2030: Calculate 90% from baseline using the formula: 2017 baseline value*0.10
- 2025: Calculate 75% from baseline using the formula: 2017 baseline value*0.25
The stated 2030 and 2025 target values for other EHE indicators are as follows:
- Knowledge of status: 95%
- Linkage to care: 95%
- Viral suppression: 95%
- PrEP coverage: 50%
For more information on target values for the EHE indicators, please refer to the following reports:
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. February 26, 2020. What is ‘Ending the HIV Epidemic: A Plan for America’? [Online]. HIV.gov. Available at https://www.hiv.gov/federal-response/ending-the-hiv-epidemic/overview (Accessed: March 5, 2020).
- Harris NS, Johnson AS, Huang YA, et al. Vital Signs: Status of Human Immunodeficiency Virus Testing, Viral Suppression, and HIV Preexposure Prophylaxis — United States, 2013–2018. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2019;68:1117–1123. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.15585/mmwr.mm6848e1external icon
- Stein S. Trump wants 90% drop in new HIV infections, near-universal care. Bloomberg Law Health Law and Business News. October 30, 2019. https://www.bloomberglaw.com/document/XCGPGFB8000000?bna_news_filter=health-law-and-business&jcsearch=BNA%25200000016e17d8db91afef57dd5e660001#jcite"