Learn more about the data that informs AHEAD.
Target Values for the EHE Indicators
For incidence and diagnoses, the stated EHE 2030 goal is a 90% reduction from baseline year (2017) and the stated 2025 target is a 75% reduction; the 2030 and 2025 targets for both incidence and diagnoses were calculated as follows:
- 2030: Calculate 90% from baseline using the formula: 2017 baseline value*0.10
- 2025: Calculate 75% from baseline using the formula: 2017 baseline value*0.25
The stated 2030 and 2025 target values for other EHE indicators are as follows:
- Knowledge of status: 95%
- Linkage to care: 95%
- Viral suppression: 95%
- PrEP coverage: 50%
For more information on target values for the EHE indicators, please refer to the following reports:
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. February 26, 2020. What is ‘Ending the HIV Epidemic: A Plan for America’? [Online]. HIV.gov. Available at https://www.hiv.gov/federal-response/ending-the-hiv-epidemic/overview (Accessed: March 5, 2020).
- Harris NS, Johnson AS, Huang YA, et al. Vital Signs: Status of Human Immunodeficiency Virus Testing, Viral Suppression, and HIV Preexposure Prophylaxis — United States, 2013–2018. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2019;68:1117–1123. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.15585/mmwr.mm6848e1external icon
- Stein S. Trump wants 90% drop in new HIV infections, near-universal care. Bloomberg Law Health Law and Business News. October 30, 2019. https://www.bloomberglaw.com/document/XCGPGFB8000000?bna_news_filter=health-law-and-business&jcsearch=BNA%25200000016e17d8db91afef57dd5e660001#jcite"